"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." -Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Go to the Ant....

Two days ago I came upon a community of hard workers. I noticed their diligence, their ability to follow their leader, and their persistance inspite adversity. They didn't even seem to be distracted by my presence though I towered over them with my observations and eventually sat down on the patio to admire them. I was reminded of Proverbs 6: 6-8, "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest." That was definitely what these ants were doing. :)






God used these little ants to encourage me. Free time isn't exactly in my vocabulary right now. Everyday is full and requires a lot of energy (more mental than physical). But God is faithful and just like He gives these ants their energy, determination, and ability, He gives me what I need to fulfill all He's called me to. This is a unique time in my life and I want to learn to trust the Lord in more ways than I've ever had the opportunity to before.

... the ants are still out on the patio....

No comments:

Post a Comment