"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." -Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"Maestra!..."


I started going through some of the things that I’ve accumulated while I’ve been here and I came across a list of things my students said to me last year. They were 7-8 years old. They seemed to always say the funniest things out of the blue! Here are some of them:

 


§  Student tells me, “Tomorrow you’re going to get married!” Another chimes in, “We’re going to find you a husband!”

 

§  Student: “What are you doing?”

Me: “Sweeping.”

Student: “Why?”

Me: “Because the floor’s dirty.”

Student: (with sincere disappointment) “Awww, man! I liked the floor dirty!”

 

§   “You don’t look like a teacher without your glasses.”

 

§  (Defiantly) “I’m not afraid of you!... (rethinking) But I am afraid of my dad….”

 

§  Student 1: “Camden, I don’t want you to die!”

Student 2: “But she’s going to die!”

Student3: “Everyone’s going to die!”

 

§  “You sing pretty. You should stop talking and sing all the time!”

 

§  “Tomorrow put on make-up. You look like the woman of the dead!”

 

Yep. They were a blast!

 


            There’s a lot going on around here as we’re getting ready to finish the school year. Also, Word of Life Mexico just celebrated 30 years of ministry! I finished my online university, so I’ve been able to head out on the weekends a little. Recently I went to Jilotepec, Mexico and helped a little with their Compassion center and Bible Club. It was great to meet other believers in another area of Mexico, but I was super excited to share Christ with a little girl and then two teenage girls and have them trust Him as their Savior! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment