"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." -Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

Monday, August 4, 2014

My Calling

This morning I found Paul before a king, queen, governor, all the military tribunes, and all the prominent men of the city he was in. Having been given permission to speak freely his defense, he begins with his story, his testimony, of how it happened that God saved him and how he’d been called to serve Him. It’s really quite beautiful what Jesus said to him that day:

“…I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.” (Acts 26:17c-18)

My conversion was just a little different (I was a child in junior church) and so was my calling (I was 14 at camp praying what my God wanted for my life after being extremely challenged by an elderly missionary) also my time period and circumstances. But I am called to the same cause –to people who are living in darkness and bound by Satan’s power… to open their eyes so that they might see it and turn to the light and to God: So that they may receive forgiveness of their sins and an inheritance among the others that have been sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ! Wow! That’s amazing! What a privilege I have! What privilege every believer has to be a part of someone coming to Christ and growing in Him!

I am excited to be returning to Mexico to continue serving the Lord there! I want young people to have the same opportunity I was given –to have their eyes opened and live in the light of the gospel, to know their God, His forgiveness, and sanctification.


Right now I am traveling some to meet and share with people, to invite them to partner with me, then I intend to head back to VA to continue doing the same thing. If God has called me to go, will He not call others to send me? This season of my life God has been calling me to another side of simple faith and boldness in Him. For anyone who knows me, “aggressive” would not be a part of my description. But I need prayer to aggressively pursue what God’s called me to, which boils down to pursuing faithful prayer warriors and being fully-funded. May I be a faithful traveler in the journey that He’s set out for me.

A little more about me and what I get to do in Mexico can me read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment