"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." -Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

Monday, January 26, 2015

It's a Brand New Day


    
I like remembering when I get up in the morning that -today- is a brand new day! The outcome of today does not depend on yesterday's failures or successes. That's pretty refreshing and challenging! As I start my day, I want to remember that:


1) Today the Lord loves me and shows me grace just as much as He ever has!


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

2) Today is part of God's plan for me - whatever it may bring!


Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:16

This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

3) Today I must make the decision to follow Christ!


And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Luke 9:23

Inwardly:
  • Seeking the Lord and trusting that He alone meets my needs. (Mt. 6:11/ Lk. 11:3)
  • Meditating on God's Word. (Ps. 1:2)
  • Praying. (Lk. 2:37)
Outwardly:
  • Sharing God's good news of salvation and grace. (Acts 5:42)
  • Being an encouragement to those around me. (Heb. 3:13)
  • Being available to meet the needs of others. (Acts 6:1/ Jm. 2:15-17)




Extra "Daily" Verses:
1 Cor. 15:31
Acts 17:11
Ps. 30:5
Ps. 23:6




No comments:

Post a Comment