"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." -Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Francisco


          My name is Francisco Jimenez. I was born in a Catholic home where I learned the traditions of Catholicism. You could say my life was normal, but lived in the vanity of this world. When I was younger, a normal environment included alcoholism and parties. But inside I felt a void in my heart that made me feel alone, despite all the friends I had. In June of 2008, my uncle invited me to a youth meeting where I was surprised by how the youth amused themselves without the need to drink, make two-way jokes, or cuss. This impacted my life and at the end of the meeting I was presented the gospel and made a decision for Christ. I was invited to a Word of Life Mexico camp. I went and there God spoke to my life and I decided to devote my life to Him.

          Then I began to congregate in the church and to learn more about the Bible, and began serving it. In 2012 a group of students from the Bible Institute of Word of Life in Argentina came to my church. I was surprised and shocked to see their preparation, their courage, and their dedication in serving God. I wanted to develop that in my own life and began to pray and save to go
the Bible Institute in Mexico. It became a conviction and I wanted to know more about God and His will.

          In 2015 God allowed me to have my first year here in Mexico’s Word of Life Bible Institute; with only the economic promise of $500 MEX ($27 USD) per month, and with the prayers of my church. During that year I could see God's provision, I could cover up to 80% of my student bill, including the offerings of believers I don’t even know and a work program with the Bible Institute.
I thank God because I never missed anything for my personal hygiene supplies, clothes, shoes, or shelter. It was amazing to see the hand of God and His provision during my first year of study here.

          I trust that God will sustain me again. I have the conviction that He wants me to continue to prepare myself and I want to be a useful tool in the work of God.
 
Glory be to God.
Help Francisco*

*Mexico BI Scholarships Project (03034C), Please specify in Summary Notes "Francisco Jimenez" so that your gift is properly designated. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment